Cookies & Privacy
Goodman Sparks is committed to processing your personal data in a fair and lawful way. This Privacy Notice is intended to explain to our customers, contacts, visitors, staff and the general public how we collect and processes personal information in order to conduct our commercial activities as a UK business.
Who we are
Goodman Sparks is a private limited company based in Sheffield, specialising in the
· supply, installation and maintenance of commercial laundry systems
· operation of our own retail laundry outlets
· sale of commercial flooring and blinds.
Our team of engineers covers an area from North Yorkshire to Manchester and across The Midlands, with our network of agents covering the rest of the UK.
As a family run, independent business, we provide top quality expert and impartial advice with friendly service and support.
If you would like any further information about in relation to this Privacy Notice, you can contact the team at our head office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 0114 2589614 or by post to Goodman Sparks Ltd, Cliffefield Works, Cliffefield Road, Sheffield S8 9DH.
How we collect your information
We collect information from customers, suppliers and contacts via a range of sources, including when you purchase our equipment, use our laundry services, complete one of our forms, or when you call, write, email, meet us or respond to a survey. We may also collect information when you use our social media sites or websites.
We operate a CCTV system at our premises for the detection and prevention of crime. This operates continuously and recordings may be held for up to 6 months.
We may also take photographs or video footage at our premises, at sites where our equipment is held or at events for use in general marketing and publicity. However, photographs of individuals will only be used for those purposes with your consent.
The information we collect about you
Depending on the service you require, we may ask for and process information about you. This may include the following:
· Basic details such as name and address
· Contact details such as telephone number(s), email address
· Details of anyone authorised to act on your behalf, if applicable
· Banking details, eg for payment by Direct Debit
· Credit / debit card details if you use this method of payment, although these details are not stored
· Other information legitimately required to complete a business transaction.
How we use the information collected
The information we collect from you is used to carry out or manage the transaction or contract between you and Goodman Sparks Ltd, such as
· managing your account charges and payments
· managing, monitoring and improving our operational activities and efficiency
· ensuring we provide the best possible customer service
· reporting and audit purposes
· complying with relevant legislation and regulations.
Information is retained in secure electronic and paper records and access is restricted to only those who need it for legitimate business purposes. We operate a range of information and communications systems and technologies for the efficient operation of our business. Personal information is stored and managed within those systems, which are maintained to achieve a high level of confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience. Information we hold in our IT systems may be copied for testing, backup, archiving and disaster recovery purposes. All our data is held within the UK.
Everyone working for Goodman Sparks is subject to the Common Law Duty of Confidentiality, UK Data Protection Bill and EU GDPR laws. Any information provided in confidence will only be used for the purposes to which you give consent, unless there are other circumstances required by law.
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the legitimate business purpose for which it was collected.
Who we share data with
Most of our business is carried out by members of our own in-house team, but we also work closely with external suppliers to achieve some of our business objectives. For example, we use third party engineering contractors to reach some of our more remote customers and expert IT contractors to ensure that our information systems and cyber security are maintained to the highest standards. We share only limited and relevant data with the contractors who are carrying out services on our behalf. They will only process your data on our instruction and are required to comply with the Common Law Duty of Confidentiality, UK Data Protection Bill and EU GDPR laws.
What we will not do
We will not:
· send you unsolicited marketing material
· sell your personal data on to third parties
· pass on your personal data to unrelated third parties unless we are required to do so by law or we have your explicit permission to do so
· transfer or store your personal data outside of the UK.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
· enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
· recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
· measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
You can manage these small files yourself within your browser settings.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using websites:
First party cookies: these are the sites own cookies, controlled by the site owner and used to provide information about usage of the site and possibly help the site’s functionality. http://www.goodmansparks.co.uk does not use these cookies.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
Third party cookies
We use a number of suppliers who may also set cookies on their websites’ on its behalf. http://www.goodmansparks.co.uk does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Your data protection rights
As an individual, you have rights under data protection law including:
· the right to request from us access to your own personal information
· the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal data
· the right to ask us not to use or to delete your personal data in certain circumstances.
You may withdraw your consent to use any information that was previously provided with your consent by contacting us at email@example.com.
A comprehensive statement of your rights is available on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website at https://ico.org.uk/.
If you exercise your rights, within any defined limitations, we will do our best to respond to you within in one month. If you are not happy with the way we process your personal data, you have the right to complain. In the first instance please, contact a member of our head office team on 0114 2589614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you have a right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk/. Our registration reference is Z4683967.
Changes to our Privacy Notice